A new home purchase is EXCITING, but can also be daunting. We are here to help!
Accurate Title will be working closely with YOU, your LENDER and your REALTOR to ensure that your closing proceeds professionally and efficiently. Please take a moment to complete the Buyer’s Questionnaire and return it to us as quickly as possible.
What you need to know as a buyer:
Purchase and Sales (P&S) Agreement:
- Accurate Title will conduct your closing according to the terms agreed upon in your Purchase and Sale (P&S) Agreement.
- The P&S should contain ALL AGREEMENTS BETWEEN THE BUYER AND SELLER.
- Your REALTOR is the correct person to discuss any questions you may have about any items in your contract.
- It is best to get any contract issues resolved BEFORE getting to the closing table.
- Most lenders will require that you obtain a Homeowner’s Insurance Policy as a condition of your financing.
- Typically, your lender will require an INSURANCE BINDER showing the coverage amounts, policy term, premium amount and one year’s paid receipt PRIOR TO CLOSING.
- Homeowner’s Insurance information is needed in order for your lender and your title company to prepare final closing figures.
- Be prepared to provide identification at the closing table that includes your PHOTO and your SIGNATURE (ie: valid driver’s license)
- All identification must be valid and CANNOT be EXPIRED
- Some lenders also require a second form of identification (ie: social security card). Your processing team will let you know if you must bring a 2nd form of ID!
- Funds brought to closing must be in the form of a BANK or CERTIFIED check payable to Accurate Title.
- We can also accept wired funds – please reach out to your processing team directly for secure wire instructions
- Personal checks are NOT legally acceptable.
- Your lender will give Accurate Title the “CLEAR TO CLOSE” and let us know when it is OK to schedule the closing
- We will then contact YOU or your REALTOR to schedule a closing date, time & location that is convenient for all parties