Picking a builder can be a big decision and can therefore be a stressful one. Selecting the right professionals to work on your building project is directly tied to its success. When comparing NH home builders, there are several questions that you should pose. These will help you make an informed decision on which builder to hire for a custom home or remodeling project. Below are suggestions for qualifying NH home builders.
Qualifying NH Home Builders
The following are questions that you should ask builders that you meet with:
- How long have they actively practiced?
- Does the builder have certain specialties?
- Is the builder familiar with local building codes?
- What individuals will be working on-site? Are they employees or sub-contractors?
- Does the builder divert all efforts to one project at a time or handle multiple ?
- Do they have insurance? And if so, what type of insurance?
- How many comparable projects have they completed in the last year?
- Can the builders furnish a list of references? And have any complaints been initiated against them?
- Are there pictures of previous projects that you can view?
- Are the builders a member of a national trade association?
Using the Information Gathered on NH Home Builders
This information may shed some light on the current status, past history, and reputation of each builder. Be sure to ask for proof of certain facts where appropriate. This will help you fairly compare options and use one that is most qualified and meets your expectations. Additionally, be conscious of your impressions of each builder. Did the builders seem well-versed in all elements of their business? Did they seem trustworthy? Would you be comfortable working with the builder? It is important to use both the facts and your impressions. After you have decided on a builder, there are other questions to ask relating to the particular project and contract. Follow our website or call us for more information on qualifying NH home builders and other related topics.